Moving into a new home can be super exciting. But there are a few things to bear in mind before making the big move. Most likely, you’ll be moving into a used place previously occupied by other tenants. Hence, there could be a reasonable amount of wear and tear depending on the level of maintenance.
Moving into a new place without thorough inspection and if required complete home remediation, can amount to a whole lot of mess and expenditure in the future. Not to forget it could also threaten your and your family’s health. You don’t want to shift all your belongings/furnishings into your new home and then realise that it requires ample fixing.
Before you move, you need to check for problems that usually arise in used homes. Once that is done, call a professional cleaning company to clean and repair any damages. Below are 5 common problems which should not be ignored while moving into a new home.
1. Mould – Mould grows and spreads quickly in areas that are damp, dark and humid. It not only affects a home’s appearance but also threatens one’s health. Exposure to mould could cause itchy eyes, runny nose, sneezing, skin rash among other symptoms. Depending on the toxicity, it can also trigger severe allergic reactions and asthma attacks.
2. Dust – When a place has been left closed for a long time, there can be a lot of dust accumulated inside, especially if there’s carpeting. Heavy dust can give rise to allergies and respiratory problems. Similar to mould, dust can also cause asthma attacks. With a vacuum cleaner one can get rid of the particles but not the bacteria.
3. Odour – Unpleasant odours may get stronger in time and difficult to remove, if not treated immediately. Odours can result from smoking inside the premises, cooking in a kitchen that’s got no exhaust fans or ventilation, bodily fluids, pet urine and faecal matter that have not been cleaned for long. These smells don’t disappear with regular house cleaning.
4. Water damage – Your new home may have been severly affected by natural disasters such as heavy rainfalls/floods or events like pipe leaks, pipe bursts, sewage problems, etc. If the water damage was left unattended for a long time, repairs could be very expensive. Hence, it’s important to find out if the house was recently hit by a flood or if any other events occurred and have it inspected for water damage.
5. Fire damage – Just like water damage, if fire damage is neglected for even a short period, it can lead to major and costlier problems in the future. Even if the fire was a small one, it needs to be looked into and treated immediately. Apart from affecting the structure and other elements of the house, it can have adverse effects on one’s health.
If the above issues are ignored, you may end up with a whole lot of problems which
can cost you more than expected. Thus, it’s important to address all these before jumping into your new home. But don’t attempt home remediation on your own. These kind of situations are best handled by professionals specialising in home remediation. They will take care of all repairs and restore your new home, making it feel like brand new.
Bio Cleanse Services offers comprehensive home remediation to homes across Sydney. Call today!